metric tons of greenhouse gases to be reduced annually
per passenger reduction in greenhouse gasses since 2015
of airport fleet vehicles powered by alternative fuel
Aircraft Taxi Time Reduction
- The new SLC airport layout enables reduced taxi times and idling.
- This leads to a reduction of 15,000 metric tons of greenhouse gases (GHG) annually.
- 15,000 metric tons of GHG is equivalent to removing 3,000 vehicles from the road annually.
Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA)
- ACA is a global carbon management program, specifically for airports.
- The airport will achieve Level 3 this year in an effort to reduce all GHG emissions.
- The airport has reduced GHG emissions by 25% per passenger since becoming a member of the ACA in 2015.
- The airport’s compressed natural gas fleet program began in 1992.
- The airport’s fleet is 75% alternatively fueled and the CNG bus fleet drove over 460,000 miles in 2019.
- The airport has added six new electric vehicles to its fleet and currently operates 56 CNG shuttle operations.
- Over 900,000 people rode TRAX from the airport stop in 2019.