Get a Badge
Ground Transportation Drivers must be 21 years of age or older.
Step 1: Application
- Download the application
- Complete Sections 1, 3, 4 and 5 of the application.
- If paying with a company credit card, the person named on the card must complete and sign section 2 of the application.
Step 2: Background Check / Identification Documents
Your badge type requires an FBI fingerprint background check and TSA security threat assessment. These must be completed before the badging process can continue; a list of disqualifying criminal offenses is located on page 2 of the badge application.
A warrants check will also be conducted. If you have any outstanding warrants, they must be resolved before the badge can be issued.
- Click here to schedule an appointment to submit your application and have your fingerprints processed.
- Make sure you bring your application and 2 forms of identification with you to your fingerprinting appointment. (Refer to the List of Acceptable Documents).
You must bring your original ID and/or documents. PLEASE DO NOT BRING COPIES
- There is a $65.00 fee for the driver's badge which includes the background check processing fee and is due at the time of the fingerprinting appointment. The Badging Office accepts credit/debit cards, money order, company checks and cashier's checks; cash and personal checks are not accepted. This fee is not refundable.
- Please do not be late for your appointment or you may have to reschedule. Allow 15 to 30 minutes for fingerprinting.
- When your background check and security threat assessment have been completed, your name will be posted to the website. You (or your company) are responsible for checking for cleared results. Allow 5 to 14 days for clearance. If your results have not cleared after 14 days, contact the Access Control/ID Badging Office for assistance. Click here to view cleared background check results. Results are listed by company, so make sure to check under "Ground Transportation."
Step 3: Badge Issue
- After receiving approval on your background check, Click here to schedule an appointment to take the necessary training to receive your badge.
- Make sure you bring photo ID with you to the appointment.
- A driver’s license check will be conducted to make sure your license is valid.
- Your badge must be issued within 30 days of your background check approval.
Replacement Fees for Lost/Stolen Badges
$50.00 (No charge assessed on a stolen badge if police report is submitted)
$25.00 Refund for returned lost/stolen badge (if returned prior to expiration)